We're happy to report that the kids catalog development project for the Evergreen catalog is moving nicely along. Bibliomation, along with our development partners, The King County Library System (Washington state), Sitka (British Columbia), and PINES (Georgia Public Library Service), have just approved the basic graphical skins that FGI, a Seattle-based web design firm, has created.
Next steps: We'll be checking with Equinox to make sure that they can develop the functionality around these skins so that libraries could plug in any skin of their choosing.
Equinox is also preparing a quote for us so we'll know what it will cost to develop the functions and features we'd like to see in this catalog, including:
- The option to filter to juvenile materials exclusively, either by MARC record (audience field) or by item shelving location code(s)
- The option to add and delete new graphical subject categories or edit existing ones
- The ability to see grade level information
- The ability to add a bibliography of web links
- The ability to add ratings and user reviews
Assistant Director, User Services